OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — A “large” COVID-19 outbreak at separate Oklahoma City middle and fifth-grade schools prompted school district officials Tuesday to close both campuses for the last week of the school year and return students to at-home learning.

Oklahoma City Public School District officials did not say in their announcement email to parents how many COVID-19 cases and exposures had occurred at Taft Middle School and the Taft Fifth Grade Center at Linwood. Parents were only told: “This decision was made in consultation with Oklahoma City-County Health Department and out of an abundance of caution after a large number of positive COVID-19 cases and close contact exposures were reported” from the two campuses to district administrators.

Students will continue their classes at home and online from Wednesday until May 26. Free school breakfasts and lunches will be provided curbside daily from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.

“We are sorry to end our school year this way, but the safety of our students and staff is always our top priority,” the district email said.